Sunday, August 10, 2014

First posted on FB 4/29/13:

So I had a normal teaching day, went by the cleaners, cruised through Trader Joes and when I arrived home there was a bearded gray-haired guy with a clip board on my porch. He said he had our gas smart meter. He was wearing NV Energy identification. I said we didn't order a gas smart meter. He retorted, "well you want to just spend an extra $60/month then?" I responded that was a false dichotomy. Shrugging his shoulders he asked, "well are you refusing it then?" I smiled and told him to have a good day and he walked away. Anybody want to fill me in? Was that $60/month some bs average NV Energy has calculated in order to impose another smart meter on us? Or is it a penalty we will have to pay? If the latter, why was I not notified in writing and asked to sign off? Is there anything we can do or consume and not be monitored now? What is the price of our privacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment