Sunday, August 10, 2014

Poll Watcher

First posted on FB 9/11/12:


Once again on election day I will be a poll watcher and I will be observing not only the polls but the potential vigilantes and I will do my small part to ensure that any would be intimidation is kept at a distance from American citizens performing their civic duty. The idea that there is a concerted effort on the Right to disenfranchise voters in order to steal an election still blows my mind. I recognize not all Conservatives are involved but their leaders are tolerating, even encouraging it. So I will stand watch in solidarity with the new citizen and the elderly person who hasn't driven for years and the person who's polling place has changed because they lost their home to foreclosure and the young first time voter because freedom has never been free.

Response to:  

Polling Place Vigilantes In Training
  huffingtonpost.com
 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/10/minority-voters_n_1871138.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

No comments:

Post a Comment