Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Teach Evolution Or Resign

First posted on FB 3/25/14:

I learned yesterday that there is a teacher at a local charter high school teaching APA science classes who is anti-evolution. She tells her students that those "evolutionists claim.... but its not right because its inconsistent with the bible." A number of the students cheer because they don't want to believe it either. I am told she is otherwise a good science teacher. My source is a couple of my current students who took her classes a few years ago. They are good students and I see no reason for them to want to misrepresent the facts. I'm thinking I should tell someone but don't want this person to be treated like a witch either. I just want her to teach the curriculum without undermining the theoretical foundations of the life sciences.

No comments:

Post a Comment